Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Flag Day

For some reason, flag day has about 87 occurrences on my iPhone today. There is some conflict with iCal, Mobile me (don't get me started) and things that go back to my Palm Treo and maybe even the Palm Tungsten T3...

But with all of those "Flag Day" flags, I nearly let the day go without noting it.

To that end, I turn to the Downtown Detroit Hudson's department store of my youth. It was the a guaranteed visit for Mom and me. We went every Thursday after getting parts at Westinghouse for my Dad's business (at least before I was old enough for school). The Mickey Mouse Sundae with the meringue shell collar and the chocolate wafer cookies was a winner. The televisions in that store were where we learned that JFK had been shot.

And Flag Day? Hudson's had that covered.

A day to salute the symbol of our national aspirations.

Happy Flag Day!

No comments: