Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

When your birthday is on the 13th of a month, you know that, once you do a few circuits around the sun, you are going to face a birthday coinciding with a Friday.   Birthday.  Friday the 13th.   It has happened to me a number of times now.  I won't say how many....

I'm not a particularly superstitious person. but, still....FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH.  

I tend to believe that "luck" is more likely to be the appearance of opportunity in the face of preparation.

So, today, we took it slow.  No ladders were used in the construct of the day.   No mirrors have been harmed.  There was a bit of work, a nice dinner, cake, a movie.   A beverage.

And a good way to recognize how good it is to have not the good luck but the good fortune of getting to and through another Friday the 13th, another trip to another notch on the calendar. What challenges, adventures, joys and wisdom yet to be learned?  All to be revealed. 

What might be seen as bad luck can be good.

Which reminds me of that story from "Charlie Wilson's War."  We'll see what's next.

But today - all is well on Friday the 13th. My birthday.   With people and work I care about, with good wishes from dear friends and family coming in on Facebook, phone, text messages and more.

Getting to and through another Friday the 13th?  Splendid.

No comments: